Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Ok, so what blogger in the world isn't doing a Thanksgiving post, right? I wasn't going to, but I really do have a lot to be thankful for, and in these times there's a lot to be said for that. I didn't really give this any thought, I just figured I'd make a quick list. So, in no particular order, here is what I'm thankful for this year.

1) Today. I'm thankful for today, just like I was thankful for yesterday and I'll be thankful for tomorrow if it comes. We're not promised a single day, so every day that I get to open my eyes and try again is a gift worth being thankful for.

2) My wife. I never thought I could be this happy. She is a true embodiment of a Godly wife. I don't know what I'd do without her.

3) My daughter. The other light of my life. She is truly a miracle, and I have no idea what I did to deserve her.

4) My job. It may not be making me rich, but it's a pretty good job. Sure I'd like to be a bit more comfortable, but there is a warm roof over my head and food on my table. Others aren't so lucky.

5) My house. It's small, unfinished and drafty. But I can think of a lot of people around the world that would gladly take it.

6) My church. It's truly a church with a heart for God's people, and I'm privilidged to call it my home, and the attenders my family.

7) Trials and hardships. It never seems like it at the time, but trials really do only make us stronger. I've been through a lot the last four or five years, but I would not be who I am or where I am today without any of it.

8) My country. Sure, we have our problems (lot's of them right now). A lot of things are broke. But at the end of the day, when you really think about it, we still have it pretty good.

9) Technology. It can be a distraction a lot of the time, with the t.v, cell phones, internet, etc. But I look at all of the people I'm able to reconnect and stay in contact with through e-mail, MySpace, Facebook and the like, and I really am thankful.

10) My God. There's really no adequate words here. I'm thankful for a God that loves me enough to give me the chace to spend eternity with him even though I don't deserve it.

11) I'm thankful that this world is not my home. I need to remember that I am just a vivitor here. That my time here is short. My real home awaits me and is more amazing than anything on this earth could even hope to aspire to.

I'm sure I could think of more more, but there's a nice little top ten list, plus one to grow on. So, what are you thankful for?

No comments: